Expert Guide for Moving Out Cleaning
It is always a wise decision to contact a moving out cleaning company in Brisbane, but if you are not in a situation to do that, you must start the process a few days early and never do it alone. Also, it is vital to get rid of all hazardous waste in your house before starting the cleaning task, to avoid any accidents.
To ensure thorough cleaning, you need to follow the cleaning checklist. Here is a list that has been approved by several moving out cleaning experts.
Moving Out Cleaning Checklist
Always start with the kitchen as it requires your maximum effort. The grease build-up depends on the magnitude of use of the kitchen, and thus it can range from mild to severe. You need to clean the cupboards, wipe down the appliances and scrub the food stains. Follow the checklist below:
- Degrease the range hood
- Clean both interior and exterior of the oven
- Clean stovetop and backsplash
- If required, clean inside dishwasher, microwave and fridge
- Clean top surfaces of the bench
- Take care of the shelves, cupboards and drawers
- Clean handles, spout and sink
- Clean the pantry
Like the kitchen, the bathroom also requires a lot of work to get the desired results. People often neglect or overlook the problems like toilet stains, soap scum, hard watermarks, etc. and allow them to settle in. This is why people contact bond cleaners in Brisbane is that they have the technical knowledge and modern cleaning tools to provide high-quality cleaning. But if you want to do it yourself, follow this cleaning checklist:
- Clean basins and bathtubs
- Clean the shower door
- Wash the tiled surfaces
- Clean faucets and showerhead
- Disinfect and clean the toilets
- Clean spout, vanity and handles
- Polish the mirrors and dust the air vents
- Clean the medicine cabinets
As all the living rooms in a house are almost similar, you can use a standard checklist for them. And if you live in a house with multiple floors, pay special attention to hallways and staircases. Follow this checklist for end of lease cleaning.
- Sweep, vacuum and/or mop floors
- Clean the shelves, drawers and cupboards
- Wash sills, window and tracks (interior)
- Careful cleaning of skirting boards, door frames and dust blinds
- Clean light fixtures, frame and tracks, wardrobe mirrors
- Properly clean power points and light switches
- Remove the cobwebs
If required, you also need to take care of the following things:
- Steam cleaning of the carpet
- Pest control
- Wall cleaning – spot cleans or entire wall washing
- Blind deep cleaning
Apart from these three familiar places, your apartment might have a laundry room, balcony and garage. So, you need to make sure that you cover each and every place. Usually when you are moving, cleaning your rental property can be a challenging job, considering the number of things you need to take care of.
That is why it is always advisable to contact a professional moving out cleaning company in Brisbane. This is because no one wants to take chances with the quality of cleaning that can make a negative impact on the landlord.
Once you are done with the cleaning process, you can call the real estate agent/landlord/property manager for the inspection. If the person is happy and satisfied with your bond cleaning, you will get the bond money back.