Pest Control – A Necessary Task
We all know that having pets in our home is a bad thing. As we head into fall, the number of insects indoors should decrease. But the colder weather will force more rodents to search for food and shelter inside your home. In this blog, we at Cheap Bond Cleaning Brisbane will talk about what and how these tiny creatures can affect your healthy life and environment and from where you get the best Pest control services in Brisbane.
Various ways in which pests affect your home
According to research, we could share our homes with over 500 different kinds of spiders, mites, and centipedes! In addition to insects, rodents and other mammals could find their way into your walls and basement. These critters pose the following threats to the cleanliness of your home:
- Termites and other insects cause over $5 billion of damage to homes in the United States every year. Many homeowner’s insurance policies won’t cover the cost of these damages, so regular inspections are recommended.
- Rats and mice damage insulation and wiring in walls and attics as they build their nests in these areas. Similarly, squirrels have been known to chew holes in soffits and siding to gain access to attics. Rats, mice, and squirrels are commonly blamed for many of the nation’s mysterious house fires.
- At some specific time of the year, infestations affect your home: April is for ants, May is for months, June is woodworm month, July is for flying ants, August is wasp month, and rodents make their appearance in October and November.
Effects pests can do on your health
While these pests can destroy parts of your home, they can also pose serious health threats. We always advise you to get a checkup from an expert timely in order to live a prosperous life. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in conjunction with federal pesticide law, has listed the threats that certain domestic pests pose. The health issues can be prevented by controlling these pest populations. These threats include the following for each pest population:
- All pests leave behind faecal matter and shed skin that can go airborne and contaminate the air you and your family breathe.
- Common pests such as cockroaches and mosquitoes spread asthma, allergy, and food contamination illnesses. Other insects can easily slip through cracks in the walls and bring in their bacteria.
- Rodents are particularly harmful, in that they contaminate the areas in which they search for food. Mice dribble urine as they scurry around your home, meaning they are constantly spreading diseases they could be carrying. Examples of diseases found in household mice and other rodents include salmonella, E. coli, and Lyme Disease.
How to prevent pest infestation and its related health issues:
Though you can take help of pro team like cheap bond cleaning Brisbane for permanent Pest Control in your house. While you’ll likely never be able to completely eliminate the presence of pests. There are steps you can take to try and prevent an infestation:
- Tighten it up. Store all food in airtight containers to prevent critters from getting in and contaminating your food sources. Be sure that your trash can has a tight lid. In terms of your home in general, fill in cracks and holes in your walls, foundation, and vents. This could prevent pests from getting inside.
- Keep it dry and clean. Be sure to fix any leaking pipes or appliances to prevent standing water, which could attract many different types of pests. By cleaning your countertops, floors, and tables regularly, you can both prevent food buildup that attracts mice and other insects. Eliminate any harmful waste and vacuum often to eliminate pests and their eggs.
While you might not have too many types of pests in your home, odds are pretty high that you have some. To keep yourself, your family and your home happy and healthy stay vigilant about preventing infestation. In order to eradicate such harmful creatures, one must take a proper pest clean from a professional team. At cheap bond cleaning Brisbane, we are working for many years in the same field. We make sure you get rid of such creatures and we provide one of the most flexible, best Pest control in Brisbane.
If you are also looking forward to Pest Control in Brisbane, do order our service now and get an instant discount of 35%, offer valid till the end of this week, don’t miss.